Next time you’re in need of a speedy lunch, try Chris Hale’s take on chicken gyro. This fresh and simple dish comes from Greece, and is made up of marinated chicken, salad and a tzatziki dressing served on pitta bread.
(but if you want to cook with friends in the mega kitchen, just multiply the amounts)
Next time you're in need of a speedy lunch, try Chris Hale's take on chicken gyro. This fresh and simple dish comes from Greece, and is made up of marinated chicken, salad and a tzatziki dressing served on pitta bread.
- 200g Greek yogurt
- The zest and juice 1 lemon
- A small bunch mint, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- A pinch of cumin
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/4 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 pitta bread
- 1 lettuce, finely sliced
- 1 tomato, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- To make a marinade for the chicken, mix together half of the yogurt, the oregano, garlic, cumin, half of the lemon zest and juice, and half of the mint.
- Slice the chicken breast into strips, coat the strips in the marinade and set aside.
- Next make the tzatziki. Mix the chopped cucumber and mint together in a bowl, and combine with the remaining yogurt and lemon.
- Then heat a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the marinated chicken strips until they’re cooked through.
- Time to make up your gyro! Put the pitta bread on a plate and top with the chicken, lettuce, tomato, and red onion. And drizzle over as much tzatziki as you like.
How easy was that? For more quick and healthy recipes created by Chris Hale, exclusively for IconInc, head to the blog.